The dark web is probably one of those things we hear about a lot but are not exactly sure what it is, like black holes and thermoset plastics. The dark web is part of the World Wide Web, what we often refer to as the Internet, that is not publicly listed on popular search engines like Google and Bing. It is hosted instead on what are known as darknets, networks that require particular software (such as Tor), setups, or authorization to use the Internet. The dark web has layers of encryption that make it possible for anyone who can navigate it to interact and do business anonymously.
What is the best laptop for surfing the dark web? And why?
The best laptop for surfing the dark web is arguably the Apple MacBook Pro. It seems to offer the best value for money regarding all the features that matter when considering an excellent laptop for the dark web. Generally speaking, if you want to access the dark web safely, you need to be careful and intentional about the laptop you use. Why? For one, the anonymity of the dark web makes it a cyberattack-prone space, and using a laptop without the necessary security would be unwise. It is advisable even to browse the dark web on a laptop different from a work or gaming laptop to minimize the fallout from any security breaches.
So, why is the Apple MacBook Pro the best laptop for the dark web? It would be important to first discuss the features that would make a laptop decent enough to access the darknet. In no particular order,
- Safety: A laptop for accessing the dark web must have its security features enhanced, especially if it is used for sensitive tasks. Fingerprint sensors, for example, are useful for security, and to defend against malicious malware, the laptop should also have reliable protective software, such as Windows security pass.
- Battery Life: Such a laptop should be dependable when it comes to battery. A PC good enough to access the darknet should have a battery life of at least eight hours to ensure that you can operate without interruption due to battery issues. It should also be able to carry out multiple tasks without severely depleting its battery.
- Price: This is more about the value you get for every dollar you spend than it is about the absolute cost. The laptop’s features and pricing should go hand in hand, and usually, the more expensive the laptop, the greater the features. There are, nonetheless, laptops that offer excellent features while being reasonably priced.
- Display: A large enough display, at least 11.6 inches, is ideal for usage because it allows you to work comfortably on your laptop. The display’s quality is also essential, perhaps more so depending on the kind of work you would be doing on the dark web with the PC. The monitor should, therefore, also be of high enough resolution.
- Performance: Naturally, the best laptops are those that deliver well on performance. This is determined by the laptop’s processor, which in turn often determines the pricing. A sound processor provides excellent performance, and if you want a laptop that can perform tasks efficiently, a powerful CPU has to be a major consideration.
- Connectivity: A laptop that can connect to various sources, from USB, HDMI, WiFi, and Bluetooth, is a plus as it will make file transfers easier.
- Portability: Laptops are often traveled with. So, a lightweight that would make for greater portability should weigh in on your decision to purchase one for surfing the dark web.
Now, back to the Apple MacBook Pro. It is a powerful laptop with a quad-core i5 eighth-generation CPU. The 32GB RAM also ensures that multiple programs run smoothly simultaneously. It also features a retina display that uses true tone technology and a touch bar sensitive enough for greater efficiency. It is built with the Apple T2 security chip, an exquisite second-generation Mac silicon, so you don’t have to be concerned about security, and the battery life is a whopping ten hours. Although it is somewhat pricey, these features make it ideal for navigating the intricate dark web.
What are the other good alternatives?
That said, what other laptops could serve acceptably well in place of the Apple MacBook Pro? These are a few.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a terrific alternative for dark web activities. Powered by a 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, it provides tremendous performance in a thin and light design that is ideal for on-the-go use. Its 16GB of RAM and internal storage, ranging from 128GB to 1TB, make it ideal for multitasking and running many apps securely at the same time. The Surface Pro 7 also has a 12.3-inch touch-screen display and up to 10 hours of battery life on a single full charge. You can therefore utilize this for your dark web activities for a good while without difficulties.
2. ASUS Vivobook F512
Equipped with a powerful AMD Quad-core Ryzen 5 3500 U CPU, which is adequate for dark web use, this laptop also has enough RAM (8GB) and storage (256GB) to do all of the duties you assign to it. It has a huge 15.6-inch display and a backlit keyboard that makes working more comfortable. For security, it has a fingerprint sensor-enabled via Windows Hello, and its other features include extensive connectors such as USB 3.2 type C, USB 3.2, USB 2.0, HDMI, and WiFi.
3. Lenovo Flex 11
If you’re on a tight budget, this is a laptop to consider acquiring. It has an 11.6-inch display, a Windows 10 Home OS, and a strong Intel Pentium CPU that is suitable for use on the dark web. It operates admirably for a low-cost laptop. The laptop is made from high-quality materials that give it a stunning appearance and durability. It also has an appreciable battery life, portability, and several connections, including USB, HDMI, and a card reader. It’s also a convertible, so it may be used for both work and play.
4. Apple MacBook Air
The Apple MacBook Air has consistently ranked among the finest computers for the dark web. Its Retina display holds far more information than ordinary screens, and the Apple M1 Chip consumes little power while providing excellent performance; and its 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage space let you run several apps at the same time without experiencing lags as well as store crucial files. The battery life is likewise outstanding, and although the keyboard is easy to type on, those with large hands may find it a bit uncomfortable. With its superb speed, durability, and aesthetics, the MacBook Air is a dark web PC that is well worth the money.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a laptop that can surf the dark web effectively. If you can afford it, the Apple MacBook Pro is an excellent choice for all your dark web activities. There are, of course, alternatives that can just as well get the job done, so all that is important is careful consideration of which laptop would give you the best value for your money.