There is various software to unlock phones locked to any network. These locks can be inconvenient for the owner of the phone. Furthermore, these locks could be SIM locks, network locks, carrier locks, and master locks. Phone locks are built-in by the manufacturer. The rest of this article will review the top five software to unlock phones to any network.
Review of Phone Unlocking Software
The Unlockr provides users with an IMEI unlock service. You can use this app for iPhones and Android devices, and it supports over 15,000 mobile phones. To use this software, choose your phone model and make, and input your IMEI number. Customers can pay for this software using various methods, including Western Union, Paypal, Debit/Credit cards, and even Cryptocurrency.
If there’s a delay in receiving your unlocking code, TheUnlockr allows users to track their orders. TheUnlockr can unlock even the most encrypted phones thanks to its team of expert engineers and hackers. After unlocking, you’ll be able to bypass any carrier’s restrictions and use different SIM cards without difficulty.
- This software is available to iPhone and Android users.
- Supports over 15,000 mobile phones.
- Debit and credit card payment methods are accepted to cover the costs of using this software.
- Customers can also make payments in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
- This software unlocks even the most encrypted phones.
- Customer support isn’t available 24/7.
- There is sometimes a delay in receiving the unlocking code.
doctorSIM makes it incredibly simple to unlock a phone to any network. To successfully unlock your phone, you must fill out a request form on their official website and select your phone’s brand, model number, current network carrier, and location.
Afterward, a detailed step-by-step instruction to unlock your phone will be forwarded to your email. If you face any issues, customer service is available 24/7 via social media, phone calls, and chat. This software permanently removes any network carrier’s restrictions, so you’ll not have to repeat this process.
If you have more than five phones to unlock, doctorSIM offers a bulk discount. This software also works on blacklisted phones. However, the phone will remain blacklisted. Lastly, this process is legal and will also keep your warranty intact.
- doctorSIM allows you to unlock all leading smartphone brands and various lesser-known brands.
- This software doesn’t require iPhone and Android phones to be rooted or jailbroken before it can successfully work.
- doctorSIM is available to users worldwide.
- When compared to your carrier unlocking your smartphone, doctorSIM is a reasonably priced alternative.
- Sometimes, this process can take up to seven days which is not ideal if you’re in a rush.
Although CellUnlocker is not free, you can expect reasonable pricing and even discounts. CellUnlocker unlocks the smartphone using the IMEI. Once you place an order, it is automatically processed to ensure you unlock your phone quickly. However, some phone models and carriers need more time, so you may have to wait.
This unlocking software can unlock Android smartphones on GSM networks. After the smartphone is unlocked, it can be used on almost any GSM network across the globe. You can switch SIM cards as often as you want without requiring a code or password. In addition, this service includes live support 24/7 in case you need any help.
- CellUnlocker offers a discount for their services.
- This software is compatible with all GSM networks worldwide.
- CellUnlocker does not impose any restrictions on SIM card changes.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Unlocking phones with this software isn’t free.
- The unlocking process requires additional time for different types of phones.
- The unlocking process can be tedious.
FreeUnlocks is a paid service; however, you can get it for free if you use TrialPay. To unlock your phone, provide your phone’s and carrier’s information and your IMEI number. Subsequently, you will receive a code with instructions via email. FreeUnlocks has unlocked over 90,000 phones, so you can be sure of the success rate.
Moreover, there is no need to download anything on your phone, so there is no risk of breaking something. This service is completely legal and poses no risk to your phone. FreeUnlocks can unlock major phone brands such as Apple, Sony, Huawei, Samsung, and Nokia. If this software can’t unlock your phone, no worries, you’ll be fully refunded.
- Obtaining the unlock code only takes a few minutes.
- This software can unlock most phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, HTC, Blackberry, Sony, etc.
- The trial version of this software is completely free.
- Customers don’t need to download anything, which saves storage space.
- Payment is refundable if the unlocking process was unsuccessful.
- This software can’t unlock every phone brand.
- Only the FreeUnlocks trial version is free.
5. Unlock Base
This software can unlock most iPhone and Android devices. It is extremely fast and dependable. One of the best features of Unlock Base is it allows customers to find out the cost to unlock a device before placing an order.
To use this particular feature, visit the official home page and look at the table to see how long unlocking your device will take and how much it will cost. If the rates are reasonable, select unlock from the main menu and then choose your device.
After you’ve chosen your device, input the IMEI number, your country, your email, and the network you’re using. Then select “Proceed to check-out,” make your payment and wait for unlock code to be sent to your email address.
- This software offers the most affordable price out of the software mentioned in this article.
- This service includes a money-back guarantee in case the software does not work.
- Unlock Base removes all kinds of restrictions.
- Customer support is available to customers 24/7 if they require assistance.
- Unlock Base software isn’t free.
- Due to geographical or country restrictions, you may not be able to use this software in some locations.
Phone unlocking software can save you some cash, especially if you travel often. This software allows you to use local SIM cards instead of paying exorbitant service fees. Also, an unlocked phone attracts a higher price if you plan on selling your phone. Furthermore, the service is totally legal, so you don’t have to bother about any legal repercussions.
So, if you want to unlock your phone from any network, try one of the software mentioned in the article. However, we recommend checking out TheUnlockr. This software can unlock various Android and iOS devices. Another worthy mention is Unlock Base because it offers the most affordable service.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are numerous advantages to unlocking your cell phone: It increases your phone’s marketability and resale value because it isn’t limited to a specific carrier. Unlocking your phone also removes roaming fees since you can switch to any local carrier in your current location.
Yes, you can. For instance, if you unlock a Verizon smartphone, it will continue to function normally on Verizon.
It depends on how much repair needs to be performed on your phone. For instance, if the phone’s mainboard can’t be repaired and must be replaced, the new mainboard will carry a different IMEI number than the one sent in for warranty repair, which means you’ll need a new unlock code. However, if the mainboard doesn’t need to be replaced, your phone will remain unlocked; if it isn’t, you can use the original unlock code to unlock it once more.
1) Turn off your mobile phone and take out the SIM card.
2) Insert a SIM card from another carrier and restart your phone.
3) Try making a phone call. If you can call or text, that means your mobile phone isn’t locked to a specific carrier.
Whenever the price of a phone is subsidized, network operators try recouping this investment before the service gets terminated by a subscriber. GSM network providers use a SIM Lock feature on phones to prevent customers from using other carriers to protect their investments. These subsidies are worth hundreds of dollars, so carriers charge an early termination fee (another way network providers recoup the subsidy investment).
The cost of unlocking a phone depends on the unlock code’s availability. Some networks will issue unlock codes based on the phone’s age or the subscriber’s needs.
In most cases, obtaining codes from the manufacturer will cost you more than getting them from the network. Furthermore, not all networks have similar eligibility requirements, and some networks may not send the unlock codes. If this happens, we suggest requesting the code from the manufacturer.
A phone unlock code is a string of numbers entered into a locked phone. After the code is inputted, the SIM lock restriction is removed, allowing you to use the phone on different carriers