It’s hard to deny that spy apps are the most effective and secure way to read someone else’s text messages. After this software is installed on the target mobile, you will have complete access to every nook and cranny of the device. But what’s the best spy app for SMS tracking?
In this review, you’ll find the best apps for SMS tracking, from mSpy to Umobix, Flexispy, KidsGuardPro, and HoverWatch. We’ll describe each of these tracker applications for reading SMS from another mobile so that you can compare their features, performance, and costs, among other points.
- SMS and MMS tracking
- GPS location tracking
mSpy is one of the most popular monitoring software on the market. Since its inception ten years ago, based on its efficiency, reliability, and ease of use, it has become one of the most respected surveillance technology resources. With mSpy, you will have great digital assistance to read texts from third-party phones. You will also have additional tools such as GPS geolocation, among many other features.
mSpy gives you absolute control over the text messages on the target mobile. This application allows you to see another person’s text messages, including both the SMS received and sent. Additionally, mSpy provides access to all the files that have been exchanged through multimedia SMS, known as MMS.
- Excellent features for reading texts
- Simple installation, configuration, and interface
- The tracker app runs in the background, so it is only detectable by some antiviruses
- Can be installed on iOS devices without having to jailbreak
- The Premium version requires the device to be rooted.
- The MMS monitoring function is only available for mobile phones with GPS.
Premium – $27.99 /mo
- Messaging apps monitoring
- GPS location tracking and Geofinder
- View deleted information
Umobix is also an app for SMS spying and other surveillance features. It works with Android smartphones from version 4 to the latest, as well as all Apple mobiles with any version of iOS.
With Umobix, you can read content from a cell phone anytime and anywhere. To access the control panel of the tracker application, you only need an internet connection. There’s the bonus that if you have the iCloud credentials of the target mobile, you will be able to monitor an iPhone without physical access to the device.
After installing Umobix, you can spy on SMS, including deleted messages.
- No need to root or jailbreak the target mobile
- You can spy on other messaging or social network applications.
- You can test the software before buying it
- Friendly, responsive, and available customer support.
- Although the layout is intuitive, you need to be tech-savvy
Full Pack – $ 27.99 /mo
- Remote installation
- Parental control app
- SMS Keyword deletion
- Social media and IM spying
This powerful application has been on the market for more than fifteen years, with different updates that have made it almost perfect for spying.
SMS monitoring is included in the basic plan of the spy app, which fits in with the general cost of its direct competitors ($29.99 per month). However, if you want to opt for the version with more features on FlexiSpy, you will be facing one of the highest costs in the field of commercial spy apps ($199 for three months of subscription).
- Allows you to intercept calls in real-time
- Easy-to-use interface
- Its developers claim that it is undetectable by any antivirus
- Responsive customer support
- Requires jailbreaking for installation on an iPhone
Lite – $29.95 /month
- Monitors all SMS
- Call History and Call Recording
- No Root
As its name indicates, this spy software is designed for parents who need to have a record of their children’s mobile phones to prevent the little ones from cyberbullying, personal data theft, extortion, or even theft.
KidsGuard Pro can be installed on Android smartphones with or without access to administrator privileges (that is, with and without rooting the mobile). You only need access to the iCloud account synced with the target phone, even if it’s your child’s.
This commercial and legitimate program allows you to spy on the SMS or even photos of the target mobile, including those deleted. You will also have access to contact data, secret screenshots, call recordings, and even take photos remotely with any of the cameras of the phone that is being monitored.
- Works in stealth mode from the target mobile.
- The version that doesn’t require rooting or jailbreak allows you to spy on text messages
- Customer service offered in multiple languages and through Facebook
- The subscription is limited to monitoring a single mobile device.
- The call recording function is not available on iOS devices
3-month Plan – $16.65/mo
- Phone Tracking
- Text message monitoring
- Without rooting
This monitoring software is easy to install, configure and use. After creating an account on its official website and selecting a plan, you will only have to follow the installation steps provided to start spying on messages from another cell phone.
Unlike mSpy and FlexiSpy, which offer a number of tools according to the subscription level you opt for, with HoverWatch, you have all the features available, no matter which version you choose. The difference, in this case, is that the higher the plan level you select, the more devices you can monitor simultaneously.
- It is a simple, intuitive, and efficient online software
- It offers all its tools in any of the plans you choose
- You can spy on up to 25 mobiles if you select the Business plan
- You need to root your Android phone.
- The delay in responses from customer service can exceed two days
Personal – €24.95/mo
The mSpy, FlexiSpy, and Hoverwatch Personal plans are the cheapest to spy on another user’s text messages. FlexiSpy Premium offers the best price to monitor up to five devices for a full year. Mspy’s No Jailbreak app is the best option for spying on iPhone cell phones online without rooting or jailbreaking.
However, our overall best spy app for SMS tracking is mSpy. The software records a large part of the interactions that take place on an electronic device, be it a mobile phone, a tablet, or a personal computer, and sends the information collected to the servers of the developer company, where users can view everything easily.