Spy apps are tools that provide an easy viable to hack into someone’s phone and monitor their activities. These apps can spy on calls, text messages, social media platforms, and other personal information.
If you are concerned that your phone is being monitored, consider using a spy apps scanner to detect spyware and remove them from your device. Let’s look at why you need a spy app scanner and review five of the best scanner currently available.
Why You Need a Spy App Scanner
There are numerous risks associated with having a spy app installed on your device. These apps collect personal and sensitive information, such as passwords, internet history, financial info, etc., without your consent. Furthermore, spy apps can also cause your device to slow down, and in some cases, they can completely disable your device.
Moreover, spy apps may lead to higher battery drain, increased data usage, strange system bugs, abrupt app crashes, or lags. If you notice any of these “symptoms” and suspect you’re being monitored, try out any spy app scanners below. These apps will scan your device and locate any spyware to give you much-needed peace of mind.
Review of the Best Spy Apps Scanner for iPhone and Android
Let’s review five of the best spy app scanners for iPhone and Android. We’ll go over all you need to know about these scanners to help you select the right app.
1. Avast Antivirus
- Virus Scans
- Malware Protection
- Compatibility On Different Platforms
- Email Security
- Avast Secureline VPN
Avast Antivirus is a well-known program for protecting smartphones and computers from dangerous threats. The app safeguards your device against spyware, viruses, malicious files, etc.
Avast Antivirus notifies you as soon as something potentially threatening shows up on your smartphone. This app is especially useful for detecting any spy apps you may be unaware of. Moreover, you can use this spy app scanner to search for malicious programs on your device.
Furthermore, this app includes a web protection feature that scans every link you visit for Trojans or other malicious software.
- You can enjoy most of Avast’s features for free.
- This spy app scanner has a lot of useful features.
- Avast is very simple to download and use.
- Users will need to pay for extra features.
Avast Antivirus is free for iOS and Android devices
2. Certo Mobile Security
- Spyware Scanner
- Privacy Protection
- Threat removal
- Intruder detection
- System Adviser
Certo Mobile Security includes many useful features, including a standard spyware detector for locating spyware on your device. The scanner also includes an auto-scan feature, so you can sit back and watch the app automatically scan your device.
If there are any apps that monitor your calls/messages, track your location, etc., Certo mobile security will instantly find them. Once any spyware is found, this spy app scanner will alert you, allowing you to take the necessary steps.
Furthermore, several users will benefit from the Intruder Detection feature. This app will notify you if your smartphone has been moved or someone else has attempted to access it. Moreover, the app will take a photo of the intruder or blare an alarm o scare them away.
- Certo’s Data Breach feature enables you to protect your accounts.
- This app features a spyware scanner and removal tool.
- This spy app scanner comes with an alarm and detection system for intruders.
- The subscription plans are reasonably priced.
- Extra features require extra payment.
The Certo Mobile Security Premium Edition is available for $13.76/year.
3. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
- Real-time protection
- Spy Apps and Keylogger Detection
- Phishing Security
- Spam Protection
- Online Security
When it comes to mobile security, Kaspersky is one of the most well-known names. Although Kaspersky Mobile does not have a dedicated spyware detection and removal feature, the standard virus scanning feature can detect most spyware files.
However, you’ll need to remove the app yourself because Kaspersky doesn’t support the automatic removal of spyware. Furthermore, Kaspersky includes three scanning options, namely, full scan, folder scan, and quick scan.
- The database is frequently updated with the most recent threats and malware.
- Kaspersky offers a user-friendly interface for easy navigation.
- This spy app scanner costs more than other alternatives.
Once the one-month free trial is over, users can opt for a premium plan which costs $14.95 a year.
4. Avira Mobile Security
- Spy app Detection and Removal
- Password Manager
- App Lock
- Phone Locator
Avira mobile security is one of the best anti-spyware programs for Android and iPhone users. This spy app scanner includes features like a phone locator, anti-theft detection, password manager, etc. Moreover, Avira alerts users when emails are leaked, and its activity feature lets make you be aware of all background activities.
- Avira features a simple user interface for users.
- This app features a VPN for masking location.
- This app features useful browser extensions for added functionality.
- The free version does not include web protection.
- Customer service response times are slow.
The premium plan for Avira Mobile Security costs $30.96/year.
- Malware Scanning
- Web Protection
- Privacy Audit Tool
- Spyware Protection
- Ad Blocking
Malwarebytes is another antivirus program that can accurately detect spyware. In our tests, this app detected and removed all the spyware apps we installed. So, you can rest assured that if there’s any spy app running in the background, Malwarebytes will protect you against them.
Furthermore, this app comes with other exciting features like web protection which protects users from any malware when surfing the net, and an Ad blocking feature, which stops pesky ads from popping up on your smartphone.
- This app features an easy-to-use interface.
- Malwarebytes comes with an app manager and privacy scanner.
- Quick scan functionality to scan against spyware on the fly.
- Few features in comparison to other free options available.
Malwarebytes offers two plans for iOS & Android and also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on all its paid plans. However, you can use some features for free.
- Malwarebytes Premium: $39.99 / year.
- Malwarebytes Premium + Privacy: $99.99/ year.
These spy app scanners will let you know if you’re being spied on and help eliminate security and privacy threats.
Furthermore, after our thorough review, we recommend using Avast Antivirus. This app provides several scanning features for free. If you would rather use another scanner app, experiment with the other options we listed above and find the best spy app scanner that meets your needs!